Index was outside the bounds of the array when Obfuscating a LARGE WP7 application - by Derik Whittaker
This is a follow up to my prior post on how to obfuscate a WP7 application, which is really just a call out to Bil’s post.
While trying to get a large (when I say large it takes 2+ hours just to obfuscate) WP7 application ready for publication I ran into an error while trying to obfuscate our entire .xap. The error was
Writing XAML: Phone.Controls.g.resources\themes/generic.xaml
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
No of course this error did NOT lead me to a solution so I tried a whole sort of changes to see if I could resolve it. What I did find is that I could obfuscate each assembly on its own, but not the entire .xap. Because I was getting desperate, and twitter was no help, I decided to email support at PreEmptive. In my email I provided them with my full build log.
Read More from: Original Source
Post Contributed by: Kunal Chowdhury
Kunal is the Site Admin and Contributor of Silverlight-Zone. He is a Software Engineer, Microsoft Silverlight MVP, Code Project Mentor and a Code Project MVP. He is also an active Author in SilverlightShow.net and a speaker in various community events. He works on Microsoft Platform and very passionate about Silverlight technology. He started his career in 2007 and achieved various awards during his professional life.
He shares his findings in his personal blog: http://www.kunal-chowdhury.com and he also tweets at: @kunal2383.